5 Tips to Help Improve Online StrategyMay 26, 2017
5 Tips for Growing Your Local BusinessJune 15, 2017
2017 Social Media Trends
Social media is one of the fastest changing industries out there. It can be tough trying to keep up with everything that is changing. Here is a list of the most important social media trends for 2017 that you should know about:
- Authentic content. Social media sites allow content to be shown in real-time. Live videos are increasingly popular. Facebook has the Live Video option and Instagram and SnapChat have stories. People love to see what’s going on with your brand behind-the-scenes.
- Social message. People love to be able to interact with a real person at a brand without having to open their emails. People are increasingly relying on Facebook messages or direct messaging on Instagram. Ensure you have someone that is replying to all of your messages in a timely manner.
- Social media e-commerce. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter allow you to directly link to where you can purchase a product. The Sprout Social Index discovered 57% of consumers are more likely to buy from a brand they follow. Additionally, 75% have made a purchase because they saw it on social media. Having this function will drive traffic to your website and increase your e-commerce sales.
- Increase in paid social media advertising. If you want your business’s page to be seen, you likely have to revert to paid social media advertising. The challenge is to produce ads that are interesting and engaging. You need to focus on your brand but also stand out from the crowd.
- Mobile accessibility first. People use their smartphones much more than a desktop computer or laptop. You need to make sure that all of your posts, photos, videos, and ads look good on a desktop computer and a mobile device. Ensure that mobile users can easily link to your website and make sure your website is mobile device browsing friendly.
It’s crazy to think how quickly social media is changing. By this time next year, there will be a whole different set of trends. It will be interesting to see how the social media world will continue to develop and change over the next year!