- Want to grow your overseas trade?
- Want to export into new international markets?
- Looking to start exporting for the first time?
With world trade top of the political agenda in North America and Europe, now is the time to take advantage of new markets for your business across the globe. It’s a great opportunity too: although small and medium-sized enterprises make up 99% of all businesses in Canada, only 4% of them are exporting!
Tap into expert knowledge on exporting from Canada, with The World Trade Centre’s Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) program.
The World Trade Centre’s Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) program in London
TAP-London is an innovative, hands-on, business-focussed course that helps your business navigate the complexities of the global trade market. Offering four days of high-level instruction, workshops and one-on-one mentoring, this program will show you how to leverage valuable trade and investment resources.
When: October 10, 11, 18 and November 22 2019
Where: London, ON
Cost: $5,000 per company, reduced to just $495 + HST thanks to generous support from our partnersApply Here
International trade: a great time to export
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is on the brink of finalising Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with European Union leaders.
Yet, according to a survey of Canadian companies currently exporting by the Foreign Affairs Department;
“Only seven per cent of the surveyed businesses were familiar with details of the Canada-EU deal, while fewer than three quarters had even heard of it.”
Whilst many companies were aware of and used the North American Free Trade Agreement, few knew about the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) that includes countries such as Japan, New Zealand and Australia.
Fewer still knew about bilateral deals with countries including Ukraine, Chile, South Korea, Jordan, Panama, Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru and Honduras.
Export with confidence
The TAP program will show you how to move into any overseas markets with confidence, and access resources to help the process. The financial rewards could be tremendous: once completed, CETA will give Canadian businesses preferred access to a $24-trillion market and 500 million European consumers alone.
What’s more, depending on the outcome of current negotiations, the United Kingdom’s impending exit from the EU could provide further opportunities for Canadian exporters. As Prime Minister Trudeau said to reporters back in June:
“Canadian companies will continue to benefit and increase their opportunities to grow their businesses through selling more to Europe.”
The inside track on trade agreements
On the TAP-London program, your mentors will encourage you to explore the trade agreements related to the region you want to export to, with support from Canadian trade agency partners:
- The World Trade Center
- EDC – Canada’s export credit agency
- BDC – Business Development Bank of Canada
The TAP-London course format
The TAP-London program is a combination of workshops, case studies, presentations and one-on-one mentoring. By the end of the program, you will have a written comprehensive export plan and be ready to begin its implementation.
Step 1: Onboard
Dive straight in with an intensive two-day workshop where you’ll:
- Discover a range of exporting resources available
- Learn how to build and implement a new market entry plan
- Gain valuable insights from Program partners and other experts on international business development and exporting.
- Learn through presentations, case studies, mock negotiation exercises and interactive group workshops
Step 2: Assess
One week later, join your one-day Export Planning Session. During this session, you will develop your detailed export plan, including your:
- Strategic objectives
- Market entry methods
- International marketing plan
- Supply chain and operational resources
You’ll receive hands-on support from leading Canadian export advisors on the day.
Then, over the next three weeks, the TAP team will follow up with you personally to support the development of your export plan. Your completed export plan is then submitted and assessed by the TAP team and expert advisors.
Step 3: Activate
You return for one final day in which you’ll receive 30-minute one-on-one mentoring sessions from each program partner focused on:
- Your export plan, and how to move forward,
- Accessing the resources, information and contacts you need to go global
All for just $495 + HST. Can your business afford NOT to be part of TAP-London this Fall?
Why join this WTC TAP course
TAP-London will help you build the right export plan for your business. It provides you with unparalleled access to Canada’s top exporting advisors, resources and contacts, giving you the training and support you need to become successful international traders in your specific business sector.
“Local businesses are looking for ways to scale up, and global trade is one of the fastest and most effective ways to achieve that growth. Since the TAP program has seen tremendous success in other parts of Canada, it made sense to offer this program to support the business community here in London.”
Gerry Macartney, CEO of London Chamber of Commerce
Not sure TAP-London is for you?
Just look at what past TAP participants have achieved:
- 85% of participants entered new markets after completing the course
- Participants experienced growth of export sales averaging 42% after just one year of participation
- 47% hired new staff devoted to exporting internationally due to growth since the program
“Global trade, and the diversification of our growth markets, is more critical than ever to the success of Canadian businesses. The Trade Accelerator Program has proven effective in helping (regional) companies access new export markets and grow their business.”
Leigh Smout, Executive Director of the WTC Toronto
Is my company eligible?
The TAP-London program is open to companies, businesses and organisations that meet the following criteria:
- Generates more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Has been operating for at least 2 years and receiving revenue for its product, service or technology
- Is already exporting a product, service or technology, but wishes to diversify its export markets or has taken exploratory steps to expand into new markets
- Has a product, service or technology with a strong competitive advantage as a result of quality or patent protection
- Is located anywhere in Ontario (not limited to the London Area)
- Is willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in the program and apply its resources
TAP-London: low cost, high impact
The TAP-London program is presented at the highly cost-effective fee of just $495 + HST thanks to the support of our partners. The full cost price is normally $5000, still good value considering the 1-2-1 mentoring and training involved.
How to apply for TAP-London
Eligible companies are welcome to apply for the program by clicking the link below. All applications are reviewed by the TAP team to ensure the program is a good fit and allow participants to maximize its benefits.
All applications will be considered on program criteria and assessed on their merits. Once your application is approved, an invoice will be sent to you via email.Apply Here
Need more information?
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact: