The Canada Revenue Agency now offers free in-person support to small corporations!
Small businesses are important to the growth of the Canadian economy, and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is working hard to improve the services it provides to small business owners.
One of the ways the CRA is doing this is by expanding its Liaison Officer service to help small corporations. Previously, only unincorporated small businesses and self-employed individuals could book a visit.
Liaison officer visits are designed to help small businesses meet their tax obligations by providing them with free in-person support and guidance. During an in-person visit or group seminar, liaison officers will:
· address tax-related questions and concerns
· discuss common tax errors
· explain general bookkeeping concepts and best practices
· provide information about helpful tools and services
During in-person visits, a liaison officer will also offer to look at your business records to help make sure they are complete and organized.
To request in-person help with meeting tax obligations, visit canada.ca/cra-liaison-officer.
To receive updates on what is new at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you can:
· Like the CRA on Facebook.
· Follow the CRA on Twitter – @CanRevAgency.
· Follow the CRA on LinkedIn.
· Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
· Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
· Watch our tax-related videos on YouTube.