Joining your local Chamber brings lots of benefits you can access sitting at your desk. However, to get the maximum from your membership, come to one of our Chamber events. You’ll meet business owners and employees from across a wide spectrum of sectors, all of whom share your passion for both commerce and our local community. It’s a great opportunity to network or just chat, and to gain insights into the issues and challenges local businesses might share.
Here are just three events that epitomize our accessible approach to serving our members.
Our first joint hosted Business After Five
Three local members co-hosted our October networking event in a unique collaboration between three very different businesses:
- LEADS Employment Services, a not for profit employment and skills development agency for people with disabilities and/or employment-related barriers throughout Southwestern Ontario.
- Back Roads Photography, owned by Robert Alexander, a Landscape and Nature Photographer based in Oxford County, who travels the back roads looking for images that reflect the best nature has to offer.
- Clean One, an office cleaning company in Woodstock and Ingersoll, and a pioneer in the field of commercial green cleaning.
Rather than taking place at a business premises, members enjoyed meeting and networking with fellow business people at the the Navy Club at 959 James Street, Woodstock. Like all our Business After Five networking, it took place on a Tuesday from 5pm until 7pm, so you can come direct from work. All Business After Five events are exclusively for Chamber members and prospective members, are free, and usually include light snacks, refreshments and door prizes.
The Vietnam and Cambodia Chamber Travel tour webinar
We’ve had a lot on interest in our Chamber Travel tour to Vietnam and Cambodia – and lots of questions too! So we’re holding a live webinar where you can either watch from home, or be part of the webinar itself live at our Woodstock offices. The webinar starts at 6pm on Tuesday 22 October and it’s free to join in or attend.
- Join us in the board room on the first floor of our building, located at 447 Hunter Street in Woodstock. Please let us know you’re coming by emailing Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to attend the webinar in person.
- Watch from the comfort of your own home and join us as an online guest. To register, simply click here and sign up – it’s free.
The Annual Business Awards of Excellence
Time to dress up in your finery and join the excitement of our annual business awards dinner on Wednesday 6th November, at the Oxford Auditorium. Our Annual Business Awards of Excellence are designed to acknowledge and celebrate businesses in Woodstock and area, as nominated by their peers. This glittering occasion includes a cocktail reception, a delicious dinner supplied by Kennedy’s Catering, and of course, the Awards presentation with live voting.
All this for just $95 including HST, thanks to our generous overall event sponsors Gateway Casinos Woodstock and OLG, and no less than 34 other sponsors supporting specific parts of the event (full details on the booking page). Book your tickets online here
Sponsorship of this event and others in our Woodstock Chamber of Commerce calendar can promote your business to a wide range of local businesses and people, without the need to organize an event yourself. It’s highly cost-effective, and very popular, so contact Kim to discuss sponsorship opportunities for events in 2020.
Interested in joining your local Chamber of Commerce?
Just click on the links for: